A new entry door installation is an important investment that will give you long-term benefits. Like the windows in your home, it helps boost your home’s curb appeal and energy efficiency. However, like any home improvement project, choosing the right entry door is a big decision. To make the most of it, you need to be sure about its appearance and function.
Local roofing contractor Home Pro Exteriors, Inc. also offers window and door replacement services. Today, we list down the questions you need to ask yourself to help you make an informed decision about your new entry door.
1. “What Kind of Door Should I Choose?”
Choosing the right kind of entry door can be overwhelming given the many available options. To find out which one is the right fit for your home, narrow down your choices based on the following factors:
- Style – Your choice of door is a matter of preference. It can subtly blend with your home exterior or be the bold centerpiece of your home’s facade.
- Energy Efficiency – A new entry door can help lower your home heating and cooling bills. Be sure to look for the ENERGY STAR® label as this indicates the product’s energy performance.
- Security – Your front door should give your home an enhanced level of security to deter unwanted guests.
2. “What Type of Material Should I Go With?”
Just like in window replacement, you need to be certain about the type of material you want to use for your new entry door. Remember that it is one of the first things people notice when they approach your home. Weigh the pros and cons of each material choice before you arrive at a decision.
3. “Which Lock or Hardware Type Do I Need?”
In picking a new entry door, you must also choose a lock and hardware to go with it. Security should be one of your priorities when making your selection. They range in price as well as the level of security, so it would make sense to work with a local door contractor who can help you select hardware that fits your budget and looks good on your entry door.
For your door, window, and roof replacement needs, turn to Home Pro Exteriors, Inc. Our high-quality doors, designed by ProVia®, can be custom-made to fit your home. We will help you pick from a variety of features, including glass, transoms, sidelights, grilles, and hardware. Call us today at (845) 343-1777 or fill out our contact form to request a consultation. We serve residents of Newburgh, NY, and the surrounding communities.