The aftermath of a storm is a busy time for homeowners. You’ll want to put your roof back to its pre-loss condition as soon as possible, which means choosing a roofer who can provide timely and efficient work. But keep in mind that storm chasers also come out of the woodwork at around this time. Avoiding them helps ensure your roof repair or restoration can go on smoothly and safely. Storm chasers are usually non-local, and you’ll be able to tell this by:
- Looking into their phone number. Working with a non-local roofer isn’t recommended because making them accountable for subpar roof repair or replacement becomes difficult. Once the work is done, they’ll be off driving into the sunset with your hard-earned money, never to be seen again. For this reason, you should check whether the phone number provided by your prospective roofer is a local one. If it’s not, consider that a red flag.
- Checking their license plate. Take a quick look at the truck or vehicle your prospective roofer arrived in. Check whether the license plates are local. If you want to, you can even ask them to let you see their driver’s license. You might not want to accept their offer of a roof repair or replacement if they appear to be non-local.
These are just a few of the things you can do to identify a non-local roofer. Here are some of the other red flags you should be watching out for:
- The contractor is using high-pressure sales tactics.
- They’re asking for advanced payment.
- They claimed to be ‘passing by’ when they saw your damaged roof. Keep in mind that most reliable roofing contractors don’t drive around looking for work after a storm. If you need them to perform a roof inspection or repairs, you’ll have to call them yourself.
The Leading Roofing Expert in Your Area
Luckily, you don’t have to look very far for a trusted roofer who’ll be a good match for your needs. For many homeowners in Newburgh and beyond, the only name to call is Home Pro Exteriors, Inc. We are a fully licensed, bonded, and insured roofing contractor. Most importantly, we’re locally owned and operated, so we know what your exact roofing needs are and how to best meet them.
Get in Touch With Us
Choosing a local professional like Home Pro Exteriors, Inc. makes for a smoother, more rewarding roof experience. We proudly serve homeowners in Newburgh, NY and other areas in Orange County. Request a FREE roofing quote by calling us at (845) 343-1777 or filling out this convenient online form. We look forward to hearing from you!