The materials used in roof construction can survive for decades. But even the greatest roofs are not invincible. Your old roof will need to be replaced eventually. When this happens, the owner is faced with the decision of whether to fix the roof or replace it entirely.
So, how do you decide if your roof needs to undergo repairs or if it should be a complete roof replacement? There are a number of key considerations:
When to Get the Roof Repaired?
- Minor Damage – Replacing your roofs if they are minorly damaged is an unnecessary cost. Any damage to a tiny region can be quickly fixed, saving thousands of dollars in replacement costs.
- Tight Budget – Roof replacement is a significant project that might drain your cash if you aren’t prepared. If you can’t afford a new roof right now, repairs can save you thousands.
- Maintaining Roof Architectural Integrity – If you reside in a historic home, you want to keep the original roof as long as possible. Easily restore the roof to keep the house’s traditional look. You may only need to replace a piece of the roof.
- Roof Replaced Recently – If you recently replaced your roof, a roof repair is the greatest alternative to help protect your investment. You want to preserve your current roof in excellent shape for as long as possible.
When to Have the Roof Replaced?
- The Present Roof is Expiring – Every roofing material has a shelf life. When repairs can’t match your roof’s appearance, replacement is the best alternative.
- The Roof Does Not Meet Current Building Codes – If your home is old and your roof does not meet current building codes, it is recommended to replace it. Your roof may be cited for non-compliance.
- Roof May Be Too Damaged To Fix – If you have any leaks or a tree has fallen on your roof, it’s time for a new roof. Any damage covering more than 30% of your roof will require replacement.
- A Natural Disaster Damaged the Roof – Tornadoes or hurricanes can cause structural damage to roofs, even if they appear limited. A roof that has been severely damaged by a natural disaster should be replaced.
- Short-Term Fixes – Roof replacement is usually cheaper than roof repair, but not always. A roof replacement is preferable to repairs, especially if the repairs are temporary and you will need to buy a new roof in the near future
Let Home Pro Exteriors, Inc. help you achieve the dream outdoor experience you envision. Whether you’re looking for a deck builder or a trained roofer, we are highly trained and equipped to get the job done.
Call (845) 513-3682 to learn more about our services or fill out our online form to schedule an appointment and a free professional consultation.