People opt to make home renovations and significant clean-ups during spring. From your interiors to your garden, taking advantage of the calm condition makes perfect sense during this time of year. Indeed, it’s also ideal to schedule your roof inspection following the past season’s heavy ice and snow. In today’s blog, your roof and siding contractor shares a friendly spring roofing maintenance checklist!
- Safety first. Roofing activities can put you close in danger, so do not forget to take appropriate precautions. You can tap someone as your safety buddy as you do your work. Wear the necessary safety gear and utilize functional ladders. Do not lean or directly touch on wet and loose surfaces as well.
- Clear off debris. Debris makes your system easily susceptible to mold and mildew, which can significantly damage your roof. Rake the trash off or use a leaf blower. If this seems like a big task, do not hesitate to call for your local roofer so they can get the job done risk-free.
- Check your shingles and flashings. Should you notice patches and other signs of wear and tear, this means it needs to be addressed and replaced immediately. If they also faded out, it’s an indication that you have to get new shingles, if not a roof repair.
- Clean your gutters. Your gutter is among the most critical parts of your home. Remove anything that blocks the pathway of water flow in your system. Clear remove any twigs and leaves collected during the winter months to avoid adverse damages.
- Inspect the attic. Do not neglect your attic space. Look and determine if there are signs of water damage or mold.
- Prioritize your vents. Your rooftop bents should keep your air flowing through your home so ensure they allow air to circulate.
For a Warwick, NY roofing and siding contractor, you can trust HomePro Exteriors Inc. Our team offers more than three generations of experience in the sale, installation, and service of residential and commercial exterior home improvement projects. Schedule a free consultation and estimate for your roof replacement at (845) 299-203 or here.